Sunday, March 21, 2010

Inquiry Progress

I have managed to discuss my upcoming inquiry plan with the 5th grade teachers at my school. Some think sign language will present a fresh outlook on behavior and procedural expectations; others feel it's a good idea, but will be difficult to implement. Together, we discussed and identified 4 signs that would be most useful in the classroom. My Why Try students will help identify the 5th sign to use. I know with the support and positive attitudes of my RTI team, I will be able to successfully implement this plan. I have every confidence in my team and my students. : ) I plan to video my introduction lesson, this coming week. Wish me luck! : )

3 comments:

  1. I love the collaborative nature of this project- I am eager to hear how it works- sounds like a good place to video-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be a great time of year for you to implement your sign language. Spring break is approaching and students are winter weary. Learning and using the sign language might be a good motivational tool to keep them on track at this time of year. They may be more eager to pay attention in class so that they don't miss any signs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rhonda's response that this time of the year is a really good time to implement something new to keep the students focused on their learning. They are definitely not as interested in learning... my first graders ask me every day, "Are we going outside for recess today?" and I have to say, "I will tell you when it is playtime. Right now, we're doing..." whatever it may be. Now's the time to try something new! :)

    ReplyDelete